Publicité

Second man dies after racist London arson attacks

4 mai 2006, 00:00

Par

Partager cet article

Facebook X WhatsApp

lexpress.mu | Toute l'actualité de l'île Maurice en temps réel.

A second man has died after an arson attack on a convenience store last week that police have said was part of a series of racist attacks on Asian-run shops in south London.

Police named the dead man yesterday as Hamidi Hamidullah, 31, an Afghan national who worked in the same store in Clapham Road as Khizar Hayat who also died in the blaze.

On Tuesday, detectives arrested a 33-year-old man from the Stockwell area in connection with Hayat’s murder and the linked arson attacks on three stores which Scotland Yard has said were racially motivated.

The fire bombings all occurred in the last three weeks, culminating in the deadly attack on the Price Cutter Food and Wine store in Clapham Road last Thursday.

Publicité